Memoir of a Friend

Farewell to a fallen comrade

Life’s too brief for us

Knowing you has made me glad

And all the fun that was

Have known you for a short time

Shared with you all my sorrows

Our laughter is worth more than dime

Wished that it would last for tomorrow

I’m glad that I’ve stumbled on you

God knows it was worth it

But now that I have lost you

I wish you should have stayed a little bit

Memories are all I have

A teardrop for each one

Well, not all of it is sad

Because we had so much fun

Having a friend like you

Is what I won’t regret

A sweet voice for every blue

A smile for the fires we lit

Losing you is so unfair

But then life is so cruel

Now, to the stars I stare

Your memory as my fuel

Now when the sky is clear

With the sun’s bright glare

I’ll face life with no fear

Because I know you are there

Ezykiel “Ezy Bone” Yba

28 February 1983 - 25 November 2001

CPUDHS BATCH 2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home